Friday 10 July 2009

Holden, Hitchcock, and Harry Potter

I know some of you have had troubles posting, but I honestly don't know why!! Thanks for reading though, and keep trying - who knows, maybe it'll fix itself.


I've finally finished the booklet I've been working on for a month now!! It's really very exciting to have it over with - a complete guide to Washington, DC, for Chilean officials moving here! If you are Chilean and are coming to DC to work for the Embassy, talk to me. The final touches were all about entertainment in the area, including beaches, amusement parks, and outlet malls. My boss wanted me to include places they could go on vacation, mainly beaches in the Carolinas, so naturally I put a ton of information on Holden Beach in it. I made Holden sound really good, so if there is an increase of Chileans renting houses there in the summertime you know why!! haha

On Sunday I was able to meet up with my favorite old high school government teacher, Mr. Hitchcock. He comes every summer with several groups of students to DC so they can intern for a few days with Congressman Dan Burton. Jamie, Katie, and I all participated in this trip at least once (Jamie has gone 3 times - once as a student and twice as a chaperone). It was nice to catch up and meet some Noblesville students...I only knew one of them and others I knew their older siblings. Hitch had cool stories (as usual) and I told the students about my internship here at the Embassy. It was an all around good time annnnd I got a free meal out of it. Thanks Hitch!

On Friday I went with Cristina, her cousin, and her friend Carlita to see Harry Potter. So good!!! We were all really excited to see it and I thought it was the best on by far. Her cousin thought differently just because of little things like "the potion was a different color in the book" (I kid you not, this was one of his complaints). Granted, it was very different than the book but I feel like it worked in a good way! Saturday was fun because I hung out with Val (my friend who got me my internship) and lots of other people I know from Bucknell. Val and her boyfriend grilled a ton of food and we hung out by her house for most of the night. It was fun! Then on Sunday Caitlin, Sally, Rosie and I grilled again in our little neighborhood. McLean Gardens (where I live) is pretty much fantastic - playgrounds, a pool, and grills all over the place! It was a beautiful weekend and I'm glad I got to spend a good portion of it outside.

Hope you all are well!! It's hard to believe this, but in less than two weeks I will be home! See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Patti, Holden Beach is supposed to be a secret!!! (joking) Ashley & family are here now. Are you sure you can't come with Jamie?
    Love the blog.
    Love you, GM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that I could, but I should probably spend some time at home this summer! Hope you're having fun with Ashley & family! Tell them hi from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Harry Potter movie too. Different from book but if you put that aside the movie was great. Hunter has been to see it twice so far.

    ReplyDelete