Monday 6 July 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

What better place than DC to celebrate the 4th of July?? The day started with a run to Dunkin Donuts to get some iced coffee and then some KFC. Then we pretty much spent the day eating chicken, listening to country, and doing all around American stuff like relaxing. That was the goal of the day (to be all around American) and I don't have any pictures of the fireworks, but it was really cool! I went to Georgetown with Blair and Steph, two of my friends from Bucknell, where we watched the fireworks from one of their friend's rooftops. It was so nice to see fireworks by the Washington Memorial.

Well regular life apart from work here in DC is pretty awesome!! I love the girls I'm living with - Caitlin, Tara, Sarah, and Rosie - and it's great to be close enough to my friends from school to be able to hang out with them! The other weekend I spent with Cristina and it was so much fun. Her mom made us AMAZING food (She is a chef at a Lebanese restaraunt and is Ethiopian so makes good food anyways). On Friday we went to see Transformers with a few of our friends from Bucknell which was pretty amazing! We spent most of Saturday by the pool before going to Cristina's boyfriend's church's open house. On Sunday, after leaving th Sacco's, I met up with Henna at the National Gallery of Art. No one better to go to an Art museum with than an Art History major who is interning at Sotheby's in New York City! After the museum we went to tapas place in Chinatown before going to see the Hangover (another good movie). The tapas were fantastic and we've already decided to have a tapas night in our gateway next year.

Sorry it's not as long as last time but there was a lot to catch up on then! Work is pretty much the same thing everyday. I'm working on a booklet about all the information a Chilean diplomat moving to DC could possibly require. Not quite as exciting as meeting important Chilean officials, but I'm still having a good time!

Hope you all had wonderful 4th of Julys!

8 comments:

  1. I now have the lead with comments -- so why no comments from your familia! Your sister has replaced you as the person I wave to the most on my walking route -- she is a much more cautious driver than you. Have fun!

    Mr. Wit

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha hey Mr Wit!
    My family tried to comment but apparently its not working :( I guess they just don't miss me as much as you do! Next time you wave at my sister, you should probably tell her to comment on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now tied with Mr. Wit with comments on your blog. haha. I miss you!! You are having such a classic American summer, I love it, dunkin donuts and KFC so typical. Anyway, I will see you in a few weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patti L,

    Your Dad emailed me about your Blog. Sounds like you are doing some pretty exiting work.

    Your Dad and I go way back to high school in Va Beach, 1974. We were best friends and shared in each others wedding, though mine came much later then his.

    If I manage to send this to you, please let your Dad know I sent you a note.

    By the way, my family would love to get together, perhaps dinner at our home in Silver Spring, I can share a few memories of your Dad.

    Respectfully, Steve Vip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, must be my laptop is not letting me post! I love your blog! Muchas Gracias mi amour! Te quiero!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love reading your blog. I have been trying to post comments without success. Here I go again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti, I am trying to post again. Love the blog, and you. Grandma

    ReplyDelete